Based on my hard-to-flop recipe, these cupcakes were delish!
Chocolate Cappuccino Cupcakes – Sandy Bigara
The Chocolate Cake
3 eggs (160gr)
160gr Self Raising Flour
160gr Brown Sugar
100ml Cocoa Powder
160gr Margarine / Butter (melted in the microwave until runny – does not have to be cooled down)
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon Jacobs Kroning Coffee Powder (and a dash of boiling water to break down the granules)
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Essence
100ml Fresh Cream
I tub Pilsbury Chocolate Icing
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a small cup, mix your “Cappuccino” ingredients together and set aside.
3. In a nice mixing bowl, add S/R flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir lightly to blend the ingredients.
4. Add melted runny margarine, eggs and “Cappuccino”
5. Using an electric mixer to hand held whisk – whip up the ingredients to incorporate air into the mix.
6. Add baking powder – whisk again to blend it in and place immediately into the oven.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and place cupcakes on a rack to cool.
8. Ice and serve.
|I found some cute cupcake holders in the drawer... cute!|
|I decided to do a simple chocolate swirl, the tops of the cakes looks so yummy I didn't want to hide them!|