Thursday, 26 December 2013
The perfect summer salsa!
1 Mango (ripe)
1 Red onion
1 Red pepper
Pinch of dried Peppermint
1Tbsp Olive oil
Small pinch Salt
1) Cut all of the ingredients into 'half a cm' sized cubes.
2) Mix by hand in a bowl. Turning the ingredients over until they are evenly mixed.
3) Pour olive oil over the salsa.
4) Add salt.
5) Add dried peppermint.
6) Mix by hand again to spread the dressing evenly.
7) Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate (best served ice cold!)
This salsa worked incredibly well when coupled with a traditional cheesy lasagna, It also worked well alongside roasted chicken. It is light, flavourful and refreshing for a hot summer celebration meal!
( Sorry for the awful photo! Only had my silly cellphone at hand! Xx )