Date and Caramel Balls (Truffles)
- Divide the pitted dates into 3.
- Divide the stick butter into half, put half aside for the caramel balls and divide the remaining butter into 3.
- Group your dates and butter into 3 piles.
- Keep the biscuits aside.
- Using the blender – whizz up the dates and butter in three lots. Adding each processed lot to the first mixing bowl. The consistency should be mildly lumpy but glistening and smooth (the butter will do this)
- Once all 3 lots of date/butter paste are done, add half a tin of Caramel Treat and mix in well.
- Place the biscuits into the blender and whizz until fine crumbs (I did this in 3 as well, as my Kenwood Triblade Hand Blender is small) add to the date/butter/caramel mixture and fold in with a spatula until all is sticky resembling cookie dough. Use your hands if you must – finger tips only – to get the dough uniform throughout.
- Using your clean hands, scoop out teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll in your palm. (You may need to wash your hands after a while because they will get sticky and stop the balls from rolling nicely.)
- Roll each ball on a plate that has coconut shavings sprinkled liberally on it. Place each rolled, coated date ball onto the baking tray.
- Remember to keep aside a liberally sprinkled plate of shredded coconut for coating the caramel balls.
- Pour the remainder of the bag of shredded coconut into the second mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining half of the stick of butter.
- Add the remaining half of the tin of Carmel Treat.
- Whizz half a packet of Tennis Biscuits in the blender until fine crumbs, and add to the mixture.
- Using the spatula – get the mixture to a wet and crumbling evenly blended dough.
- Using your clean hands, scoop out teaspoonfuls of the dough and roll in your palm.
- Roll each ball on a plate that has coconut shavings sprinkled liberally on it. Place each rolled, coated caramel ball onto the baking tray.
|The Date Dough|
|My Kenwood fitted with a S blade|
|Try not to eat them as you make them...|
|The mixed Date and Caramel Balls|
|Guess who was peeking into the bowl... ;)|