|Get in my face! Om nom nom!|
Sandy's 'Sticky Pudding'
100g self raising flour
100g brown sugar
Pinch mixed spice (nutmeg, clove, cinnamon)
4tbsp jam (strawberry, apricot, any kind of jam)
1tbsp vanilla essence
2 large eggs
100g melted margarine
Sticky soak-in sauce
200ml full cream milk or cream
1tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp brown sugar
1. Mix flour, cocoa and sugar together.
2. Add melted butter combined with vanilla essence and mix well.
3. Add jam and mix until smooth.
4. Add eggs and whisk until sloppy and shiny.
5. Pour into a buttered round or square tin (20cm x 20cm) and bake at 180' for approx 20min. or until the centre has risen and it smells done.
6. Remove and pour the sauce slowly over the top until it all soaks in.
7. Serve with a bland custard – the pudding is quite sweet.
Sticky Soak-in Sauce
1. Put all ingredients into a microwave safe jug and microwave until warm. Removing at 20sec intervals to stir. Do not let it boil.
2. Pour over the pudding slowly allowing it to soak in.
The nice thing about this pudding is that it is flop proof. Add whatever jam you like and make it personal. Another idea is to not make the Sticky sauce, and instead make custard and pour that over to soak in.