|This one will *not* be winning any beauty pageants...|
Three 1cm rings of butternut, diced1 potato
½ cup frozen peas
1 tsp margarine
Dash of milk or cream
Salt to taste
1 or 2 viennas or any sausage that your children enjoy, cut into 1cm's
Tooth picks or skewer "spears" (help with developing fine motor skills)
- Boil potato and butternut until soft.
- Mash with 1 tsp margarine and a dash of milk.
- Add the peas and mix in gently with a spoon, leave to sit so that the peas melt and stay sweet.
Sausages & Spear
- Add sausages to the boiling potato and butternut to cook, hook them out before you mash!
- Cut them into 1cm lengths and place them around the plate with the monster mash central.
- Give each child a "spear" and tall them to spear their sausage and dip it into the tomato sauce.
To ServeYou could even make a "monster mash volcano" and put tomato sauce in a well that you create at the top of the mound of monster mash.