Also, where I mention "I just happen to like men who look like men" I am referring directly to the bootleg and bellbottom pants mentioned previously, the Hugh Jackman part is simply because he's hot.
Seriously though... if my thoughts offend you then please, go to another blog that doesn't.
I will probably be shot at dawn for stating my opinion here but… Oh my word. What is up with men and Skinny Jeans??!!?
I know who designed them.
The same man who wore a green mani-tard on International Stage and Screen.
As with the Elvin Shoe Saga I have to say that Skinny Jeans are like Lycra. Wearing Lycra is a privilege … not a right. Some men are wearing Skinny Jean-Pant without a licence.
The Pro’s:1. They are Skinny
2. They are Jeans
3. They are Pants
The Con’s:1. Men who wear them think that they look hot in them.
2. Men with short stumpy legs wear them because "They're slimming"
3. Very thin guys wear them, prompting me to try and feed them something nutritious, and get them back onto the “healthy weight” bandwagon.
There are certain ways that the Skinny Jean-Pant is worn, let me expand…1. “La’Poef” - loose boxer underwear is worn close to the top of the Skinnies, causing the underwear to spill out into view, causing a “Poef” of soft boxer fabric to stick out the back.
|Now that’s what I call classy.|
2. “The Muffin Top” – Men with large posteriors wear the Skinnies and fail to pull them up periodically (as one must have to do as the Skinnies like to travel south throughout the day) causing the top third of their bum’s to become exposed… aka the Muffin Top. Most men also tend to bend down by crouching – this makes the Muffin Top into a full blown moon. Thanks for that.
|Downright Delicious Looking Muffins|
3. “The Wet Nappy” – Men with NO posteriors wear the Skinnies pulled down low, accompanied by tight white T-Shirts, when viewed from behind, the back section of the Skinnies along with the first 10cm of thigh section slip down and hang like… yes, a wet nappy. Awesome.
|"Did you make a booboo?"|
4. “Cigarette Leg” – Some men, bless them, have amazing legs. Rugby players, for instance can wear Skinnies (with tight suspenders to avoid the inevitable muffin top or la‘poef reaction) but some men, especially the tall slender ones, have very straight and undefined legs (Boointjie Stokke) and when they wear the Skinnies they tend to *not* look like Skinnies at all, but rather like “thinner than normal” jeans… that look like Cigarette’s. Lekker.
|The Cigarette Leg. (Let's not mention the Shoes!!)|
5. “Crinkly Bottom Skinny Jean-Pant” – Short men tend to love Skinnies, perhaps they think that the pants “lengthen them” I have no idea. All I know is that the jeans then drag on the floor and fray, or become crinkly as the extra length of jean battles to find it’s place…
|The Crinkly Bottom Skinny Jean Pantoffel|
Are you a fan of Skinnies? Are you a WOMAN who is a fan of Skinnies?
I am very firmly still a bootleg or bell bottom fan, I also happen to love men who actually look like men. Give me hairy Hugh Jackman any day.
|Specimen of Manliness|
Let me know what YOU think.