This is my latest creation and from the look on my family's faces it is a success!!
"Deluxe Lentil Bredie (In Cream of Tomato)"
1 Red Onion (finely chopped)
Olive Oil approx 4Tbsp
2 Tins of pre-cooked Brown Lentils (drain them first) (do not use fresh lentils!!)
1 tub of Fresh Cream 250ml
1 tin of peeled chopped Tomato (drain half the liquid away)
1 Packet of ROYCO Tomato Bredie Powder
1. Add oil to the pan and allow it to heat up.
2. Add the onion and fry until onion is soft.
3. Add the drained tins of Lentils.
4. Pour Fresh Cream over the lentils and mix it in.
5. Pour the dry ROYCO Tomato Bredie Powder over the lentil/onion/cream mix and stir to spread the flavour and powder evenly throughout.
6. Add the tomato in thirds, mixing thoroughly each time to avoid curdling.
Allow the Lentil Bredie to simmer for a while and then serve!
Please Note: this dish tastes better when it has cooled down a bit, serve on a bed of fettucini or Cavatapi pasta with rocket and feta.
This is a mild tasty dish that even had my fussy 11month old saying 'num num!'
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!